There are some exceptions to auto-renewals:
- If a book you have on loan is requested by another user, you’ll need to return the book otherwise you could be charged a fine. The return date will be displayed in the notification e-mail you receive, all e-mails will be sent to your Essex e-mail address.
- Books will auto-renew for a year, once you’ve had the book for a year you’ll need to return it. Though if no-one else requires the book you’ll be able to re-issue it to your account.
- The books you have on loan will not renew beyond your library account expiry date. Library accounts expire once they reach your course completion date.
- Interlibrary loans and laptop loans will never auto-renew.
- Any items that are overdue on your library account won’t auto-renew. If you notice this is the case with one of your books, help will be available, just speak to a member of staff.