Although we’re coming to the end of 24/7 opening for this academic year, the Albert Sloman Library will be open for longer hours this summer than in previous years. This is in response to needs expressed by members of our community.
From Mon 10 June, we will be open:
The Library Reading Room and Postgraduate Room will continue to be open 24/7.
Library closing routine
- The Library Reading Room will temporarily close whilst the building is locked down. If you are working in this area you will be asked to leave the room.
- The main Library building will be systematically cleared and locked down. If you are working in the Library after 7.30pm you may be asked to move to the ground floor during the 30 minutes before 8pm.
- Anyone arriving at the Library after 7.30pm will be unable to go beyond the ground floor, however you will still be able to issue and return books, as well as speak to Helpdesk staff, until 8pm.
- The main Library building closes.
- The Library Reading Room will re-open and be accessible through the automatic door at the end of the Library terrace. You will need your University registration card for this.
- The Postgraduate Room will remain open at all times. Access and exit will be through the external door between 8pm and 8am, when the main building re-opens.