1. Students of the University of Essex ("The University") will be invited to participate in a Summer Reading Challenge ("Reading Challenge") which will take place on the dates between 20 August and 30 September 2019.
2. Upon entering the competition, your details will be kept and added to the selection for the prize draw.
3. Personal information will not be kept past the competition draw and will comply with GDPR regulations.
4. The Reading Challenge ends on 30th September 2019 23:59pm.
5. There are 3 prizes, each made of 2 x £10 Amazon vouchers (please check the vouchers for Amazon's Terms & Conditions).
6. The University accepts no responsibility for any costs which may be associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
7. The University accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Challenge. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of the University for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
8. The University reserves the right at anytime and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Challenge with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of the University in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The University shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire,flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities,political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents,supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
10. These terms and conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Challenge submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.